Re: [Harp-L] Harp holder for kid

 you can do this, otherwise, have a friend who is good with tools do it.... Heck, I could do it, that Hohner rack is just wire. They bent and shaped it at the factory, it can be shortened, bent and reshaped now.
   Just heat up the wire when you/whomever bends it.
  That's what you'll need to do, shorten the wire and rebend at the joint. Bascially, you're talking wire from both parts and putting back together a smaller rack.

Dave
  __________________
Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com

J King <JoyKing1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I hope someone on this list can help me. I need a harp holder/neck rack for
a 7 year old harmonica player. He needs this so he can play his acoustic
and electric guitars and piano along with the harmonica. He's good enough
and coordinated enough at this point to use it. He can play 2 instruments
together if we hold the harmonica up for him.

He's 48" tall and his shoulders are no more than 10-11 inches across. I've
tried Hohner and other brands and have asked all the stores that carry them
here in NY and NJ. His teachers don't know of one on the market or where I
can get one made either. We've all tried. They either fall off his
shoulders or get so warped from being bent out of shape that they hold it
too far away from his body no matter what adjustments we do. He moves a lot
when he plays (I've even tried the coat hanger version and that was too
flimsy).

These are made for adult size bodies and shoulder widths and just don't do
well on a boy so small. Does anyone know of a product or someone who can
make one to fit? He is desperate to find a solution so he can play his
music like this.

Also, if there is no other alternative, is there a stand or something the
harmonicas can be mounted on so another instrument can also be played? My
son plays chromatic and diatonic so it would be nice if something out there
can fit both.

Thanks to all for any help.