Re: [Harp-L] Re: Greatness ignored

I'd love to get on Prarie Home Companion and have Kiellor, who I've never
thought was funny amyway, fail to sing my praises on the air.
Would I care? No. I'd be on the radio playing for thousands if not millions
of people. What more would I want?
The fact that Keillor had him on at all should tell you he thinks Howard is
great. And he is.

-Glenn Weiser
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm

  Hey Glenn, when you get on there at Wobegon, play "The Road to Lisdoonvarna" for me. I started playing that song when I was a kid learning out of that fiddle tune book of yours. That song is absolutely murder on the lungs cause there's like no blow notes in the thing.
  It don't put as fine a cut of steak on the table, but there's something to be said for teaching guys like me how to play, whether you know you did or not.  BUT, even though your superhuman strength was drained when Delilah cut off your ponytail (you look better) and you've never been on Wobegon, Garrison Keillor and his crew can not offer that kind of immortality.
  The average dude will probably remember who played the Wobegon on NPR until the next week's Wobegon on NPR. Hell, I'm sitting here 20 years after the fact talking about learning fiddle tunes I still play out of your book.How many harmonica students have I taught "Farewell to Whiskey," which I learned out of your book? Don't know.

  On second thought, I've worked out my "road to lisdoonvarna" anger issues. Play "Farewell to Whiskey." That one makes me cry....

  ;)
  Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas