To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Tuner

Something to pay attention to when buying a tuner is its frequency range.

I have a Boss TU-12 chromatic tuner that has a note frequency range of
C1 (32.70 Hz to B5 (987.77 Hz).

I was retuning a regular D harp after replacing the 9 blow reed,
and I couldn't get the meter to register, then I did some homework
and learned about the tuner's frequency range.

When the Turbo Tuner ST-122 chromatic tuner was mentioned some time ago,
one of the first things I did was look at the frequency range, which is
C0 (16.35 HZ) to C8 (4,186.0 Hz), which is alot better than the Boss TU-12.

By the way, for reference... middle C on the piano is C4 (261.63 Hz).

Just something to be aware of when buying a tuner, and you want to use
it on higher pitched and lower pitched harmonicas.

Ken H in OH