[Harp-L] Pre-War Overblowers

harmoniman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

A few months ago I came across a Harp-l e- mail that had a link to a pre war
overblower who was really incredible.  I thought Howard Levy was the inventor of
this style until I heard this person. Does anyone out there in harmonica land
know the name of this person ?

  James Simons, aka Blue Birdhead is credited with having the first OB ever recorded.  I forget the
name of the song, tho i have a copy of it in my collection somewhere.  Maybe search the archives or
google him.
ron