Re: [Harp-L] paddy and country tune

"Tim Moyer" wrote:

<clyde wrote:
<> i thought i had it saved somewhere but ... someone had a
<> combination of changing reed plates on lee oskar's to come
<> up with a paddy tuned and country tuned harp.  what are
<> the combos for a couple of different keys?
<
<If you combine the plates from a Melody Maker and standard tuning you
<will get one Paddy Richter and one Country Tuned harp.

I'm sorry to be pedantic, but I feel obliged to point out that the "country tuning" in this case is not exactly country tuning. A country tuned harp has a sharped draw 5 reed and a NATURAL draw 9 reed.  The harp produced as per the comments above has a sharped draw 5 reed a SHARPED draw 9 reed.

That's not to say it's not a very useful harp.  And this is certainly the easiest way to get both a Paddy richter and something very close to a country tuning--exactly the same, in fact, in the first two octaves of the harp, where most people play most of the time anyway.

Regards, Richard Hunter