Re: [Harp-L] re:Origins of the Neck Rack

The Excelsior Harmonica Holder shoulder brace harmonica rack is displayed on
page 208 of the Sears, Roebuck & Co. catalogue of 1902 Edition (facsimile with
intro by Cleveland Amory).

So the should brace rack could be over a 100 years old.
It is priced at 30 cents. (If by mail, 15 cents extra.) The wire harp rack I
mentioned in my earlier post is not shown in the facsimile reprint -- but that
may be due missing pages.   The accordions-harmonica pages run 205, 208, 208.
The book is full of missing pages.

Two wire braces hook over the shoulders. A wooden brace rests on the breast
bone and wires extend upward to the harp-holder itself.

Phil Lloyd