Re: [Harp-L] Blues Birdhead

Ron;
         If I can find the time, I might just tab BBs masterpiece. But I think where you are coming unstuck, is that the piece is played in the top octave, with rare forays below hole 6. Yes, to play the piece from hole 4-7 you'd have to OB all the time. This is a top octave showpiece.
Cheers,
RD

>>> <captron100@xxxxxxx> 26/06/2008 9:28 >>>
Rick, thanks for sharing your intimate knowledge of this song.? I'm going to offer a tip and ask some questions.
?? Tip:? I first listened to the song from the Authentic History Center's website (http://www.authentichistory.com/1930s/music/1929-Mean_Low_Blues.html ).? To listen, I clicked the link to get it to play (it said "... try clicking here"), but it played using a Quicktime Player which didn't have a counter.? I then DL'd the song to my computer by right clicking on the word "here" in "....try clicking here".? From the drop-down menu I chose the "Save Link As..."? Now when i play it from my pc, it plays with Windows Media Player, which has a counter in minutes and seconds.
? On to the questions.........
? I seem to hear frequent OB's and opportunities to use OB's even if Birdhead wasn't actually using them.? Birdhead sounds like he is playing the song in first postion and an F# harp works.? Some examples of what I think i hear are the following:
?I hear the first OB on hole 4 that last a full second long @ 14 seconds into the piece.
?I hear another 4 hole OB at the end of second 20.
?I hear a 5 hole OB at the end of second 24.
?At the end of second 31, i hear the start of a 6 note passage that has an OB on holes 5 and 4.
?I hear a 4 hole OB towards the end of second 36.
?I hear a 4 hole OB starting at the end of second 41.

I could go on and on with more examples.? I was never able to hear where u say the one and only OB is.? Do u have a counter number on that?
? But one of the most intriguing questions is: how does he get that low note at the end of 1:48?? That note is the same note as a 3 hole full step bend, but an octave lower.? That note is not even on my harp!
? Lemme know whatcha think.
ron