From: michael hines <otisharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: June 26, 2008 6:16:50 PM PDT
To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] hi-z  lo-z mics

Here's a question for the tech folks; how exactly do you know if your mic is hi-z or lo-z? I rarely play out but when i do i use either my old 545-s or a Shure PE-53v. I always run these through the P.A. and i'm now wondering if i should use another type mic or tweak these. I think they sound o.k. but i'm hardly unbiased. Also i don't know beans about electronics. Seems like this topic would make an interesting short workshop at S.P.A.H.
Mike