Re: [Harp-L] 12AX7 vs 12AU7 power requirements

http://www.shinjo.info/frank/sheets11.html

data sheet links

The 12AU7 draws more CURRENT than it's counterparts.

In an older American-made point to point wired amp with good old
American-made components like Allen-Bradley carbon-comp resistors and
Sprague, or BumbleBee caps, I wouldn't worry.

Some of the modern Chinese circuit board amps might have "bean-counter"
components.  I'd be careful.

What's your definition of "cheaper"?  My definition is an amp that lasts for
decades without needing repairs and takes a beating on the road without
problems.  And if I decided to sell would bring top dollar.  In the long
run, that's alot "cheaper."

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!