Re[2]: [Harp-L] take five

Hello, Joe.

> But, the reason I query is because you have to start the tune with a
> 2 step bend in the first place and then almost HALF the total notes
> are bends, Some multi-step bends on the same not. VERY hard to hit
> clean.. at least time and time again.
You can play bridge in the lower octave with no overblows. I'm playing
harmonica for 7 years, I start bending first year I start to play.
Last 2 years I use overbends and I can say that overblow is much
easier than good control over 3-rd hole bends (but I work on it a lot
too). Using overblows as pass

> Then the bridge has too many
> over blows. VERY hard to hit consistently.
Try bridge one octave lover (from 4th hole). A lot of bends too.
Peter Madcat play this tune this way. Db harp, 3-rd pos.

>> goes straight after draw at the same hole). Or with natural minor harp
>> you have to play only one overblow (but you can skip this note if you
>> can't play them).
> A-Haaa, the famous 'let's skip that note'. Ok, well, it all depends
Only one note (major 7th, g# for A minor = d for eb minor) which is
lead to tonic of the next phrase. Not ever notice if there will not be
that note. So this is simple overblow at 5th hole of nat minor tuned
harp, just right after 5 draw.

> just played this tune at 9:30 tonight to start our second set and I
> used a C chromo, with the slide IN, following Dm fingering.
> Result..... Eb minor. It sure was a lot less work. But then again, I
> am getting lazy in my old age.
I play these way too, but minor tuned harp is more comfortable for
improvisation for me. Just need to make Ebm tuned harp for myself.

--
С уважением,
 Boris                          mailto:ploboris@xxxxxxxxx