Re: [Harp-L] Elk River Customizer free harmonica repair course

Great effort Dave. Many thanks for that.
RD

>>> David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 30/06/2008 15:18 >>>
I've been working on this for a little while, I'm still working on it, but there's enough on it now for me to at least mention it exists.
  I put a harmonica repair course as part of Elk River Harp School on the Web site. My idea was to have a page where if you wanted info on a repair or modification, you could go there, find your project on a navigation bar, click on it and get info on that repair/modification. Here is the link:
  http://www.elkriverharmonicas.com/customizer.html
  Here's what I've got so far: reed arcing, chromatic external spring adjustment, wood comb sealing, how to make a harmonica play more comfortably, embossing, reed gapping, idenitfying reed problems, removing reedplates from nailed harmonicas, modifying an octave harmonica for blues playing, preserving old harmonica boxes, prewarifying modern Marine Band coverplates, soaping windsavers, reed tuning and windsaver replacement.
  Some of these pages just have a video explaining the subject, others have step by step instructions or multiple videos when necessary. I'm still working on this, probably will be adding stuff indefinitely. A couple of them need a little more info and there's a lot more planned, such as reed replacement, the toothpick trick, tuning by ear, improving the tolerance on chromatic slide assemblies, etc.
  I can't figure out the mouse-over menu, so when you put the mouse on comb sealing for instance, it says "nailed reedplate removal," when your mouse is on it, don't pay any attention to that.. it's comb sealing.

I'm also open to suggestion and criticism.

  I never really considered myself that great a player, but never let that stop me. I'll eventually have a similar page for playing.

  Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com