Re: [Harp-L] Gilles Gosselin clips

jthurgood@xxxxxxxx wrote:

For those of you that like the trad. French-Canadian stuff, there are a
number of clips of Gilles Gosselin on Youtube.  Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3YRVOMEMU&feature=related.
You can follow the links to a number of others.

Btw, he looks like Charlie Musselwhite ... Bit different sound, though ...

- thurg

Very enjoyable music - thanks for the link.
Unfortunately, he appears to be harp-synching this.
His mouth is off the harp and it still is sounding, and when the low end is
playing he's in the middle of the harp, etc.  I know these videos sometimes
have synch issues, so maybe it's just that.  But for the life of me it looks
and sounds like he's just miming to his recording. Too bad - I thought a
live video recording might help me to play along and get trad rhythm and
breathing patterns down.

And personally I think he looks more like Mayall (or maybe Kenny Rogers)
than Musslewhite :) :)

Fred S