[Harp-L] Gus Appearance

Last night I saw a great jam rock band called Morsoul here in Boulder, CO.
Unfortunately, there was a very drunk man in the audience who apparently
thought he could play harmonica with the band.  He played inaudibly from his
spot in the crowd for a while, which is embarrassing but at least not
damaging to the music.  But things got worse!  He moved right up to the
stage (which is small and low to the floor) and got right up in the guitar
player's face, blasting his harmonica as close to the guitarist's vocal
microphone as he could.  The band was totally professional and did their
best to ignore him, at least until after that song when the band leader gave
him a stern talk that sent him back to the crowd for more inaudible play.

I had half a mind to tell the band "we harp players are not all like that"
and also to tell the Gus not to be such a jerk, but there wasn't a good
opportunity for the former and the latter might have led to fisticuffs
considering his state of inebriation (and mine).  Still, I felt a strong
sense of responsibility to do something about this guy.  Any suggestions for
next time?

Jonathan Metts