Re: [Harp-L] Blues Scale / Shapes

Advice we might hear from one of the greats might be, "Hey man, shut
up and play!"

I suppose all roads lead there, all posts could end on this note, but why have Harp-l in that case?

Of course we don't get up on stage and talk theory. But we're offstage here, talking shop.

I simply thought that the blues scale discussion had brought up the question, for me, of how much individual players actually use such things consciously, as I do not. I think it's a useful discussion that would balance out all this scale talk for people who are learning how to play music - in essence, how do guys like you and me, who have been doing this for years, consciously use the knowlege we've acquired in the actual heat of playing.

Ken