Re: [Harp-L] Pittsburgh's James King

Well, the James King I'm thinking of was a large black man. I've done
a little digging, and it seems the LATE James King folks are talking
about here is indeed the same one I'm thinking of.  I found some info
here in an article about Chizmo Charles that references his passing,
and that James played on Chizmo's 2003 CD.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ysojjs

Here's his obit.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/38puyk

I don't know if James played with Ernie Hawkins, just that in the
early 90's to late 90's he was playing with the Knights, eventually
fronting "The Usual Suspects", and he recorded on Chizmo's CD in 2003.
 I wasn't exactly a scholar of the harp back then, but I enjoyed
James' playing. He seemed to work well with those I saw him play with,
and didn't let the song suffer for the sake of a showy performance.

So many ppl passing so young. . .

-John E.