Re: [Harp-L] new Slide Man Slim & Penny Hanna internet single (free download)

Thanks Gary!

We've gotten a lot of great feedback on the pedal steel, so I thought I'd mention that Bobby Black may be familiar to some folks from his days back in the 70's when he played with Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen. He also has done stints over the years with Asleep At The Wheel, New Riders of the Purple Sage, and was inducted into the steel guitar hall of fame in 2004. These days he plays often with The Lost Weekend Western Swing Band. In addition to pedal, he plays fantastic lap steel and has a web site here:

http://www.rearwindowmusic.com/bobby_index.html

Harmonica content: Bobby is working on a Hawaiian steel album and he's asked me to play some slide chromatic on it (in addition to guitar). I am absolutely thrilled!

- Slim.

www.slidemanslim.com

G. E. Popenoe wrote:
Dig your vibrato and phrasing on this one. Dig the pedal steel too.