[Harp-L] dennis gruenling tour

i was lucky enough to catch the opening night of dennis gruenling's record release tour. what an amazing night. the tour is in support of his new album, a tribute to little walter, beginning just a few days after walter's hall of fame induction. perfect timing.

joining dennis was steve guyger, who also plays on the album. seeing either one of these guys would have been a really good night. the combination is an embarassment of riches. steve just oozes blues harp grit, and complements dennis superbly. dennis is not a real n your face kind of player. he's all about tone, subtlety, and elegance. listening to him, i felt like my brain was always a few bars behind, trying to comprehend what i just heard. it felt like every song was a course of study. at various times you had dennis, steve, or both playing, with gina fox joining on vocals at times, and a saxaphone player as well. a number of special guests, whose names i missed, contributed to the party.

i listened to a bit of the new album in the car on the drive home (just a bit; i was kinda harped out). i love it; it sounds like dennis. more than others i've heard, it really does justice to his sound.

dennis is heading out on the road with this. if he's playing anywhere remotely near you, do not miss it. and grab the album, too. great stuff.

http://dennisgruenling.com/ontheroad.php

--
I'm a blues man.  I am a prisoner of hope.
I'm going to die full of hope.