[Harp-L] Harp Collection

At last count I have over 70 harps.

I have a home set that I leave out for spontaneous play and practice that consists of Low Ab through High G (24 harps), then harmonic minor in G, Bb, Eb and F, natural minor in G, A, B, C, D, Eb, E.

I have a travel kit setup in a nice Fender harp case that has Low D through High G, five Steve Baker Specials (C, D, F, G, and A) a Hard Bopper chrom and a Super 64, a D minor tuning that Pierre Beauregard gave me and an A big band (?) tuning that Pierre gave me. I have a Hohner double bass, and bass chromonica, one little lady and about 15 spares/out of tunes that will be used to learn how to repair/tune harps when I get off my butt and get a repair kit and manual.

I try to play daily, my favorite exercise is to work through from Ab to G using the harps in both registers, then move through the minor scales. This sometimes becomes abbreviated due to time, or fatigue. ;-> Usually by the time I get to the minor keys my bending muscles get tired so I focus on tongue blocking and chording.

I still can't do overblows despite being introduced to the concept over 30 years ago, sorry Richard.

I just plain old love playing harp.

Walter Joyce