Re: [Harp-L] Old Boys' Network

Hi

Am Samstag, 15. März 2008 schrieb Daniel Gage:
>   The explanation a couple of posts back described the economic
> realities and some of the politics of why the new guy at a jam
> often has to wait.  In my mind, that reality is much easier to deal
> with if jammers stop looking at blues jams as a "right to play".

I agree with all what was written about economic realities and
politics in this thread, BUT it's also a fact, that te clubs make you
come by advertising their jam sessions and open stage!

So you're there -  drinking, probably paying admission - expecting
that "open stage" means it's open for you too! Then you have to
learn, that they want your money, not your harp though!

I pretty much understand, that it's not easy to be the jam leader. But
after all it's a deal. You make players come, filling the club, so
you have to make sure they'll have the chance to play.

--
Gruß,Frank