[Harp-L] Greunling/Guyger Tour Last Night

Had a chance to catch Dennis and Steve at a place in Philly last night in support of their Little Walter tribute cd. Having never seen Dennis before, I was struck by his youth (I'm old), non-traditional equipment (or at least the packaging there of) and complete reverence for Steve's playing which is well deserved. I'm a guitar player who has backed up a lot of harp players, including Steve many years ago, so I'm used to seeing a Fender tweed, BF or Gibson amp for the harp player's rig. Dennis had this big, rectangular, orange colored, likely boutique combo (might have just been a cab). I hate snooping around other people's gear. He was also running through a couple of pedals, none of which I could quite make out. I'm sure people on this list can fill in all the details. Steve went straight into a beat-up Concert and sounded great, cleaner and more expressive with fewer notes than Dennis, who was a bit more distorted which wasn't surprising given his setup. Great rhythm section from Detroit I believe (a Rick Holmstrom look alike named Doug Deming on guitar - should I have heard of him?!) and bassist was the original T-birds bass player (not Keith Fergusson who is r.i.p.anyway). One irony that always strikes me seeing modern players pay homage to their idols is the fact that their volume levels are way higher than the originals, more so with east coast players than west. Catch these guys if you can. The tour runs through the 29th of this month for now with more dates to come. Shout out to Trip and Adam if you read this.