From: blues society of tulsa
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 12:32 PM
Subject: Article from today's Tulsa World about Harmonica Summit 2008

Article from today's Tulsa World about Harmonica Summit 2008.
BST gave 50 harmonicas for this event. (Your Membership Dues at Work)
To see & hear 50 people playing along with David is worth every penny.(I wish more of our members could have seen it.) Billy Gibson sat among the other "kids" at the harmonica class and played along with David.
Events  went as planned, RJ Mischo performed the second of many workshops, Little Joe and Robbie Mack were playing in the cafe, Mike Peace was working on harmonicas like a master jeweler at his harmonica workshop, and any number of local celebrity musicians popped in to see what was happening, Rick Potter, Steve Corbett & Mike Travelletti to name a few.
But, I got to witness something I wasn't really prepared for. After the Mischo workshop there were a couple of little boys playing harmonica on the main stage... the microphone was hot and they'd reached up and got down and were taking turns playing through it. (I don't ever recommend that, or you might suffer the rath of a working musician trying to save ther $200 - $300 microphone)
I mentioned to Jimmy Markham that there were a couple of boys in on the main stage playing with a microphone and off he went. (OK, so I expected him to go run them off)  I poked my head back in there after Jimmy left and saw the unexpected. The same two boys were still standing there playing ... but now the microphone stand was lowered down to their level so they could keep on playing.
I had to leave to get ready for the BST Anniversary Party, but I left with a big grin.
Eddie Bagwell, VP
Blues Society of Tulsa
www.bluessocietyoftulsa.com
email: bluessocietyoftulsa@xxxxxxx