Re: [Harp-L] Dangerous harp

46Long wrote:
It was hideous - during the pre-song interview, he admitted to not playing any instruments, but he had someone teach him enough harmonica in the past couple days so he could perform.......in front of millions of people.....

no respect, I tells you.....no respect......he wouldn't do that with a cello......

Back when I was the third-call harmonica player in Nashville, the second-call guy had played no more than a year, and didn't even sound THAT good. He was a musical slob. He just went to the correct house of worship. Not that his prayers got through better, he just had more opportunities to network.

I've since learned how to network, and I happen to believe if you don't you won't work, so that was a good lesson. But my point, in agreement with 46Long's comment, is that if that guy had been a guitar player with the same level of skills, all the networking in the world wouldn't have gotten him work within 100 miles. -K