From: EGS1217@xxxxxxx [mailto:EGS1217@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:53 PM
To: davidbbass@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Subject: [Harp-L] Harp Depot

Strong words.  Calling someone a thief and deadbeat in writing, in  public -

especially on a forum on which the people involved can be harmed from
earning
their living, can be grounds for a lawsuit in today's society...if you
don't
have sufficient grounds to back it up in Court.  Where is your  proof?
Getting the Better Business Bureau involved isn't sufficient  grounds (as
far as I
know) to assert that someone 'stole' from you.  The  Better Business Bureau
did nothing to help me in a dispute with someone not  so long ago, so I
don't
give them all that much credence.

Did you order a harmonica which never arrived?  Did you return a  'used'
harmonica and expected to be given a full refund (not how it works  with
harmonicas).  What is the actual story?  You aren't giving any  details.
You can't
make such charges without details and expect to  have your (as yet unproven)

allegations accepted at face value.

For my part, my latest satisfactory Harp Depot purchase (there have been
many others)  was at the Garden State Harmonica Convention (GSHC) in
November,
2007. Three (3) CX-12 chromatic harmonicas in different keys, from  Harp
Depot
with Richard being the person helping me.  I had some  difficulty with the 6

draw on the Tenor C key..so to settle the 'friendly  dispute'...we took it
Bill Price out in the corridor working on other folks'  harmonicas as the
'final' say so on whether it was me or the one chromatic  causing the
problem.

.  He tested it out, came up with a viable solution for all of  us...

Richard was more than agreeable to resolving our problem  satisfactorily in
my favour.  Spent a great deal of time with me.  Doc  also went out of his
way
to resolve the issue. Has always been more  than friendly to his customers
in
my 3 years' experience buying harmonicas and  other items from them. Their
prices are more than competitive as well.

 Moreover, because of the bitterly cold weather causing problems in  group
playing in the usual Lobby location, he allowed chairs to be set up  and
have 20
or so people gather in  the Harp Depot Store for the play  along...all
making
much musical 'noise' on their harmonicas ...all the while  still trying to
conduct business on the telephone and computer...not complaining  once about
the
noise level he was being subjected to.

I know that the Harp Depot people spend a great deal of time on the road
going to and from Conventions to accommodate and please harmonica
enthusiasts..and perhaps it cuts into the time they are available by
telephone.  Doc is
working to computerize his clientele and inventory, but  they've spent a ton
of
their own money providing harmonicas to the troops in  Iraq.....so are the
last
people I'd ever think to describe as 'deadbeats and  thieves'...and
personally find that description of them insulting in the  extreme.

I know who THEY are;  other friends of mine as well have happily been
buying
harmonicas from them for years (while attending various SPAH's and  Buckeyes

and other conventions)...but don't know who you are,  David.  Perhaps if you

actually provided details instead of vague but  bitter allegations of
thievery,
your accusation might be looked on with a bit  more validity?

And for the record (and fwiw)...you can 'declare' all you want.  I'd  never
dream of boycotting someone who's treated ME well based  on another
disgruntled
customer's say-so, but will continue to use my  own judgment and sense of
fair play, thank you.

Elizabeth

"Message: 4