Re: [Harp-L] RE: Zappa Harp now Captain Beefhart

Well, if yall are going to talk  about Captain Beefhart I have to stick my 7
cents in here. One of my favs is the  Strictly Personal album. That harp bit
on "I feel Like Ahcid" (I think) still  runs thru my head from time to time.
It's on a C harp and the song is in G

          Red and blue and  green all thru my head Ahcid.......I aint got the
blues no mo Ahcid mmmmm

    I haven't heard the whole song since the 70's but it  sure stuck with me.

       Randy
    BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 3/20/2008 8:37:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chriscanning@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Richard  Wrote re Captain Beefhart.

>I'm not as crazy about his album
>"Trout Mask Replica" as a lot of people, but I do like just about
>everything on "The Spotlight Kid", and the song "When She Blows Its
>Stacks" (the correct title, in case anyone wonders) is a  knockout.

I agree with all this. "When She Blows Its Stack" I guess  must be the track
I think of as "Clickety-Clack". Great Harp.
Doesn't  JR&NB do some beefhart stuff.

In the words of Captain  Beefhart.

"Hit that long lunar note. And Let It  Float!!!"