Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Harp Depot

In a message dated 3/21/2008 12:07:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tom.klingl@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hmmm,  Harp Depot seems to have built up a loyal clientel, willing to defend
them  against those who are not or less satisfied, no matter what they  do...

not quite, Tom.  You seem to have misread my words.  I'm not one  who is
"defending them against those who are not satisfied 'no matter what they  do'."  I
simply said that these were 'unfounded allegations', and  asked for proof of
such extreme accusations of 'theft'.

I believe I also made clear that I am a satisfied customer and that I was
speaking solely for my own personal experiences in dealing with these  people on
a one-to-one basis.  Isn't that what a satisfied customer  'should' do?  Or
should he/she remain silent in the face of having a Seller  he/she is satisfied
with be accused outright of a crime?

This is the United States where a person IS still 'innocent until proven
guilty', when it comes to a felony. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough that I
don't believe an on-line forum is the place to make a  felony allegation unless
and until one IS willing to air places, dates,  facts and figures. Do
customers of other stores get to air their  grievances/accusations in quite the same
way so as to possibly affect the future  business of a Seller to such a huge
audience as is available on  Harp-l?

I've just explained (offlist) to another harp-l'er about my own very
unsatisfactory experience with an internet seller of musical instruments.   I won't
'air' my problems with them in this or any other public forum, since  it's
anecdotal. They have lost me as a customer, however.  I gave them two  chances
over a 3-year period to sell me products I wanted.  They flat  out insisted that
items were in the box Ireceived which were  not.  However, I argued my point
and convinced them of the validity of my  argument, without accusing them of
being thieves, or threatening them with  lawsuits.

In my previous experience with them, they neglected to include packing
materials resulting in damage to 2 out of three of the harmonicas (including an
expensive chromatic) I'd purchased from them.    I won't blacken their  name to
other satisfied customers, though.  Why would I, just to give them  grief?
Someone in their packing department screwed up.  Other people  I know think
they're THE only mail order musical supply company to buy  from. All businesses
seem to have 'some' issues with customers...the more  people they deal with, the
more likelihood they will have some customers who  won't be satisfied to some
degree or the other.  This is life..I  manage to deal with these issues for
myself, in my own way.

Nevertheless...I am NOT Harp Depot's spokesperson. I merely  related doing
business with them as I've experienced it.

 For my part I decided that any future purchases of new  harmonicas would be
made in person...as I've done at Harp Depot, as most of the  people attending
the Conventions do as well.  I'm only one very small  customer among hundreds,
so please do not attach the title of 'defender no  matter what' to my
description of my satisfaction with buying my harmonicas from  them. I've learned the
hard way that buying a harmonica in person is the  only way to do so, for ME.

Elizabeth

Home.