Re: [Harp-L] Wonderful Harp (was Dangerous harp) is Wonderful Worldof Jim Prushankin

----- Original Message ----
From: Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx>
snip
I hear (on the one hand) from musicians that NO musician wants to be
told that he sounds like someone else. It's considered an insult. The
proper thing to do is tell them they did a good job and leave
comparisons to other people out of it.
  Well then, I guess I'm not a musician, because if someone were to
walk up to me and say "You sounded just like Stevie Wonder", I think
I would pee my pants.

Thass all I'm sayne  (btw, it's HARD to sound like Dylan)

smo-joe

That reminds me of something. I was playing a bluegrass deal one time and there was this drunk heckler, like Otis Campbell, only not so loveable. Bands that played too many slow songs in his opinion would hear "This ain't my (insert F bomb) grandma's funeral!" This was a redneck kind of affair, mind you, and I'm not a great chromatic player, but I played some Hank Williams on the Chrom. He yells "You sound like Toots Thielman!"
That really struck me as odd. It still does. I still wonder, how on earth did this guy ever hear Toots Thielman? You find a little culture in the strangest places.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com