Re: [Harp-L] Damn straight I play the blues

> Man, if you're gonna walk in on one top jazz guitar players on the
> planet, you'd better be able to play that thing like Howard Levy.

I figured someone would, or could, or should say some shit like that,,hehe,,

Invoking the "L" word. That's no fair.

I've been listening to clips of him (Scofield) on youtube all afternoon.
He's,,ahem,,very good,,hmmm,,not bad,,hmmm,,yes, quite imaginative and
skillful. I'm inclined to vote yea. Okay, doggone, he's got a whole kit bag.

His guitar reminds me of my own, a Hofner "verythin" (
http://www.hofner.com/gab/en/phpshop/43/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.zupf_flypage/product_id,174/category_id,104/ )
, and his guitar work reminds me of what I like to aim for. Makes me want to
do what he's doing. I think I'll start borrowing from him, internally, at
first, and work out the details in time.

Ahh,,time,,

Well,,if he's a nice enough guy,,and I were in just the right mood, and he
were in just the right place,,I'm certain I could bust out a can of blues
that would at least do justice to his impromptu blues clip,,since it's slow
and groovy,,like me,, : D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ler4KKEcHDY (anyone watching this
clip,,PLEASE stick around for the entire clip, he's just working out a comp
loop during the first 50 seconds)

Here's another couple of nice clips,,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xtR6nXRvt4Y

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKqZHqMtOg