[Harp-L] John Lee Hooker

I've been having my  heart checked out here in Catskill NY. It was kinda
scary at first but it's good  to know that it's in good shape. Anyway, the guy
that did the pictures name was  Randy so we hit it off right off the bat. He
asked me what I wanted to listen to  when I had to lay there for 20 minutes while
the computer did its thing. I said,  "Howlin' Wolf." "You're the first person
to ever ask for that and I have  some, COOL" After it was done he gave me a
John Lee Hooker CD to take home.  Very cool of the guy. When I played it at home
I discovered that it was recent  and that John Lee had to be pretty tired and
was doing his best but just  couldn't rip like he used to. Thing is though
there were some really fine  players on there. Jeff Beck, Ry Cooder.........a
bunch of people. Anybody  familiar with this? Who plays harp on it. Whoever they
were they were killer and  laid back. The only thing I didn't like was the
guy playing organ. He was  playin' a B3 sounding thing but he was WAAAYY over
bearing.Too loud in the mix a  lot of the times. I wonder if he paid for the
recording or something. Anyway  it's good to jam to.

         Peace
      Randy
    BiscuitBoy Blues

Home.