Re: [Harp-L] Did I fry my ART Tube MP pre-amp wall wart

Several things may have happened and the electronic geniuses of this blog,
(I've noticed several) will probably give you the straight poop. However, I
assume this is a transformer with cord. Various manufacturers of these
components use different voltages, polarities, contact sizes and diameters
for their power supplies. You can damage a device by connecting it to
something that it wasn't specifically designed for. Warning, connecting with
reversed polarity is not good.

Almost every manufacturer issues a warning in it's product literature about
this.

I hope you just damaged a contact and not the device.

PS. You can go to an electronic supply stores and by universal transformers.
They have variable voltage settings and a small collection of contact tips
to suit the most commonly used designs and polarities. The voltage and
polarity information is usually labled right on the back of your music
component so that you can use the correct set up.