Re: [Harp-L] John Lee Hooker

Fernando, I meant no  disrespect towards John Lee Hooker. I was given the CD
without any cover on it  and had nothing with which to read about it with. I
could tell that Jeff Beck  and some others were on it by the sounds of what
they were playing. As for  Booker T Jones playing organ I'm aware of who he is
and admire some of what he  does. BUT, on this recording he was too much in the
mix sometimes, and that is  my opinion. I don't think you ought to be telling
anybody what their opinion  should be, it was my opinion and that is that. I
love John Lee Hooker and I  could tell that he was not feeling well on some of
the songs. Listen to Mr Lucky  and you tell me he wasn't feeling a little bad.
My CD didn't have "Boogie  Chillun'"on it, but I love the way he brings the
boogie on that song.

       As for your comment about recording  something, it is coming. I've
been playing for a long long time brother, and I  feel like I have the right to
say anything I want to about the music I am  listening to. I was feeling kind
of under the weather that day from all of the  junk they put in your veins to
look at your heart and I made a post off the  cuff. I wasn't looking for
accolades about my clever way of wording what I had  listened to. I like all of the
musicians on that CD, but sometimes (once again  in my obviously low class
opinion) people don't play to my liking. I wasn't  trying to compare myself to
what the musicians on the CD were playing, I would  never be so pretentious as
to put myself on the same level as these legends. I  was just talking about
what I heard that day.

      Cool out bro, spread the love and play  what's in your heart. That's my
low class opinion again.

               Randy
          BiscuitBoy  Blues

In a message dated 3/31/2008 11:10:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ftoral@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>From the  little info you drop on your message, it seems to be 'The Best
Of  Friends', which is -in my opinion- one of the best duetos albums. I
wouldn't happily say JLH was 'tired', he was 82 by then... I would like
to reach that age and be like him. Well, I don't know what you mean by
'tired'... listen to 'Tupelo' or 'Boogie Chillen' included in that album
and review your comment.

Charlie Musselwhite plays the harp on this  CD. And the organ is played
by Booker T. Jones, a blues legend who has  accompained Hooker for
decades. Be respectful about your opinions or read  something about the
artists before you write. Or, much better, let us know  if you ever
recorded something, so that we can compare.

Fernando  Toral
Argentina

Home.