Re: [Harp-L] Studs Terkel: RIP

Not only did Studs know all these people, they all used to stay on the floor of his apartment when they were in town. You can include Pete Seeger in that group. Studs had a wonderful life and passed away with no pain or suffering. Of all my uncles, Studs probably had the greatest impact and is the reason I took up music in the first place.

I will miss him too.

-LM

Mark Lavoie wrote:
The first time I heard of Studs Terkel, was when I purchased an album in 1973, that was recorderd in 1957, a live interview with Big Bill Broonzy, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee.
This interview happened in the AM, and Studs was at his best, and the live performance was spontainious, and the chemesty was amazing!
Through the years, I always felt this connection to Studs, and I never met him.
Funny how some people just have that presence.
He will be missed.