Re: [Harp-L] Ray Tankersley

I too, will miss Ray. We met at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, CA in
1972. I was 19 and had been playing diatonic for a couple of years. We decided
to form a blues harmonica class with Ray teaching the Chrom and I the diatonic.
Sadly, there was not enough interest to keep it going. My greatest thrill was
to go with Ray to see the Harmonicats in San Francisco. We had dinner with
the Cats and they gave me the opportunity to jam with them back stage before the
show. It was an incredible time with Ray that I will never forget. Rest in
Peace my friend.
Doug Burns
In a message dated 11/6/08 7:23:42 AM, tstryker1@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Ray Tankersley, an original Harmonica Rascal and tireless supporter of the
> harmonica passed away October 27th, 2008  He was 87 years old and is
> survived by his daughter Barbara and son Brad.  His wife Margie died some
> years ago. Ray appeared prominently, playing harmonica, in the movie "Always
> In My Heart" and others
>
> Ray was a music educator, member of "Big Harp," and the "Sharp Harp." His
> harmonica credits and harmonica life are well detailed in Al Smith's recent
> book "Confessions of Harmonica Addicts."
>
> To me personally, this is a great loss as I have known Ray for 53 years and
> he is the one who taught me harmonica and responsible for my harmonica
> musical career.  He started teaching me when I was 15 in San Francisco..oh
> how long ago, lol.
>
> He will be remembered.
>
> Stryker

AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)