[Harp-L] Carnegie Hall again!!

Did my 4th performance at Carnegie Hall with the New York Pops this time. Rehearsal sucked, concert was great!!! Nice to have the harmonica stand up to any instrument in the Orchestra and come out equal. Well, better than some!!!

Saw Toots picture in the New York Times receiving the NEA award as a great jazz player. This has to be the most recognition any harmonica player has ever gotten to promote the status of the instrument. With George Benson, Jimmy Cobb, Lee Konitz, “Snooky” Young, “Toots” Thielemans and Rudy Van Gelder - I mean how is it to be in that crowd and among other jazz greats.

We owe a lot to that genius, Toots Thielmans, for taking our instrument to a place so high. He is a god among us mortals.

Harmonically yours,

Roberto Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com