Re: [Harp-L] Carnegie Hall again!!

Congrats!

I remember the first time.

Emile Diggs D'Amico

>>> Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/07/08 23:54 PM >>>
Did my 4th performance at Carnegie Hall with the New York Pops this
time. Rehearsal sucked, concert was great!!!  Nice to have the
harmonica stand up to any instrument in the Orchestra and come out
equal.  Well, better than some!!!

Saw Toots picture in the New York Times receiving the NEA award as a
great jazz player.  This has to be the most recognition any harmonica
player has ever gotten to promote the status of the instrument. With
George Benson, Jimmy Cobb, Lee Konitz, ?Snooky? Young, ?Toots?
Thielemans and Rudy Van Gelder - I mean how is it to be in that crowd
and among other jazz greats.

We owe a lot to that genius, Toots Thielmans, for taking our
instrument to a place so high.  He is a god among us mortals.

Harmonically yours,

Roberto Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com