Re: [Harp-L] Articulation...

Sorry Iceman, I knew you were replying, but I had a momentary lapse of mental faculty and came to with a foot in my mouth.

----- Original Message ----
From: "icemanle@xxxxxxx" <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 10:06:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Articulation...

a misquote - I responded to someone else who asked about the attack.....

>The Iceman asked: "Is the best attack on a single  note the "ta" using the

tongue

>or "ka" coming from the throat?....what's the  most common? "

>The Iceman asked: "Is the best attack on a single  note the "ta" using the

tongue

>or "ka" coming from the throat?....what's the  most common? "

Me, I prefer the "ta"

I think with me, this was something I learned in band when I was a kid. We were

taught to make stacatto notes with a click of the tongue. I was learning to play

harmonica at the same time, so it naturally carried over.

So that's how I became a "ta, ta" man.

Dave

Dave Payne Sr.

Elk River Harmonicas