Re: [Harp-L] Slideman Slim/Finger Mic/Microvox

I'm partially answering my own questions, kinda feel like I'm talking to myself.  This is not unusual.  I ran across a mention of the Microvox Harmonica mic in the archives  (http://www.microvox.co.uk/ )   Anyone have any experience with it?  Good, bad, indifferent?

Jim.
http://www.myspace.com/mulegroove

>>> "James Sterett" <jsterett@xxxxxxxxx> 11/11/08 8:46 AM >>>
Slim... awesome display of talent.  Really nice looking guitar, and what fantastic sound on that recording.  I was just going to ask how you recorded it when I saw this post from MPA and your response.  On occasion I use the "Finger Mic" that I bought from Leon's Mikeworks out of Palo Alto, CA... must be about 18 yrs ago now.  It still works sometimes, but it's' seen better days, that countryman looks (and sounds) great, but a little pricey.  Anyone know of any other lavalier type condensor mics that work well with harmonica that are less expensive than the countryman?

Jim.
www.mcmule.com

>>> Slim Heilpern <slim@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/09/08 5:55 PM >>>
Thanks for all those kind words, Michael!

One thing though...
> the tone that Slim gets so far from the mic
It's kind of hard to see in the compressed video, but there is a teeny
tiny wire sneaking out from between my hands. I use a Countryman B6
microphone attached to the back of my CX12:

http://www.countryman.com/store/product.asp?id=5&catid=4

So, actually, what you're hearing is an extremely close teeny tiny
phantom-powered condensor mic ;-). This is the setup I gig with.

- Slim.