[Harp-L] Shure 575SB

Josh, the Shure 575SB is a low impedance dynamic type microphone, it's a
pretty tough little mic.  It was also available in a Hi-Z version, the  575S,
same R50 cartridge in both.  It's a mic that Walter Horton  sometimes liked to
play through. (per a discussion with Madcat @ the Oct  2007 Ricci Seminar)
There were also versions without the handy on/off  switch.  The foam pop filter
beneath the front mesh is probably  deteriorated and maybe causing your feedback
issue.  Not too hard  to replace & protects the diaphragm from spit and
particulates.   I've had a couple Hi-Z models and didn't have huge feedback issues
with either.  It's possible that the diaphragm is damaged or dirty, If I
remember correctly there is a slotted/vented plastic cap between the foam  and
the face of the diaphragm.  I'd open it, check for blocked slots  due to pieces
of crumbled foam or other crap, gently (and I  mean very, very, very gently)
remove any  loose debris from the diaphragm (check for distortions or peeling
edges), replace the foam and give it a try.

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Harmonica Microphones
_www.home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp_ (http://www.home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp)

Holiday needs. Search Now.