[Harp-L] When embossing...

Hello, this is my first post at Harp-I. I am the newsletter editor for HOOT
(Harmonica Organization Of Texas).

I have tried embossing on a couple of harps. To me, sound changed, but not
by much. They do seem more responsive and easier to play...of course that
may be my imagination. I wanted to write down what I am doing. Maybe someone
can either tell me I'm doing it right, or point me in the right direction.
I use a small, cylindrical socket, about the width of a pencil. I push down
on the rivet end,  and with a bit of pressure. I repeat this until the reed
gets stuck in the slot.

Once the reed is stuck, I pop it back out and use a small file at the edges
(very softly and carefully) until the reed plays again.

Is this a process that would work?

Thanks for your time...

Alberto