[Harp-L] Vern's rack review

My buddy Gary Lehman recently got a 270 rack set-up from Vern Smith. He let
me play it last night when I was dropping off some Blackirds for fine
tuning. They rack-thing was very interesting. Instead of a button, you move
the mouthpiece with your head movement to access the other set of reeds. It
worked pretty well, but I could not do my riffs with nearly the speed of a
button. Pretty cool, though. I don't know that I would pay %600 for it, but
it is cool.

Keep up the good work, Vern. You are definitely on to something. The rack is
adjustable for height and angle, too.

I will stick with my Blues Tools rack, though; since I play exclusively
diatonic while drumming.

hj

"Watch out! He has some sort of a fantastic instrument that lets out a death
sound!"

Harmonica John Frazer

619-263-6826
Cel 619-709-2217