To: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Reed plate thickness

A thicker reedplate will play better because, this factor is widely overlooked, the screw pressure is distributed more evenly, thus the reedplate holds flatter and you get less leaking. I have double plated them before, that's going from like 1.04 mm to 2.08 mm and it will overblow much easier.

nice e-mail address, Mr. buttercup
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com