[Harp-L] Reed plate thickness

Ryan,
When I was playing Hohners, I tried reed plates of different thickness on the MS pro harp and MS meisterklasse. I could hear absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in sound/tone and found absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in playability/response. I find that cover plate design, cover plate weight and whether the cover plates are painted or not will have an effect on volume and tone. But i could never find any significant difference relating to the thickness of the MS reed plates, and I've read at least one post from someone else who felt the same way. Maybe I'm missing something, but, for whatever it's worth, that's been my experience.
JP