[Harp-L] Questions about Impendance Matching Trasformer

Alberto,

The Radio Shack transformer will work just fine. To make a low impedance mic sound the way it is supposed to sound you absolutely need to use an impedance matching transformer if you are going into an electric guitar amp. There's a brief discussion of impedance matching transformers in the post on September 13, 2008 titled "XLR>1/4 inch IMT" which may be of interest to you.

JP

I have a low impendance mic that I use with a simple guitar amp. The amp has those three knobs that control the different levels. Generally, I have the high tones turned down low and the low tones turned up. Do you recommend I use one of those transformers?

Also, I've seen low impendance to high impendance adapters at Radio Shack.
Are these what you are talking about, or are these specifically for the
connection?