[Harp-L] Reed Plate Thickness

Hi Folks,

Years ago I bought Kim Wilson's CD, "My Blues".  On the inner cover there is
s picture of
his harp case with a bunch of harps in it.  On the back edge of the combs
are written things
like "D Just" and "Double".  This s where I first encountered the idea of
double reeds (or
double reed plates I guess).  My main interest in this is the possibility of
getting low octave
harps (C and D mainly) that will play louder and bend easier.  Am I barking
up the right
tree here?  Should I seek out a custom builder who can do double plates for
me?

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh