Re: Re: [Harp-L] Big Walter flick

on Aug 11, 2008-08 at 10:32 PM Bob Cohen wrote:
>On Aug 11, 2008, at 4:06 PM, John Thaden wrote:
>> http://boogablues.proboards106.com/index.cgi?board=videos1&action=display&thread=454&page=1
>Nice recording.  Ya think all that sound came from that little mic? ;-)
No, especially since the sound is equally fat even before he even reaches
the mic.  It must be syncing, but I'd say a pretty good early example of it.

Probably more interesting are the 3-4 youtube clips of Walter Horton onstage, though both picture and
sound are considerably lower quality.  Even as a young man, his preference seemed to be to sit, and
that's mostly how I saw him play as an older man.  I must have seen him 8-10 times when I was
in college, and each time he had a different, old mic.  Didn't matter--his tone was always to die for.