[Harp-L] Re: Kinder AFB Pedal

Robert,  I had to repair a Kinder AFB pedal for AC Blue (a great  player from
Hungary who now lives in CO).  He said it cut in and out.   When I opened it
I found that some poor solder work on the pots had  led to one of the wires
breaking loose and touching intermittently.  I  repaired the solder issues and
it worked fine.

I was amazed to see how much circuit work was inside of this  thing.  This is
no simple device, a LOT of thought and  engineering skill went into it.  I'm
guessing the circuit  board production is farmed out and final assembly is
done under the Kinder  roof, which may explain the very nice boards mated to the
pots in such  a sloppy fashion.

The rest of the pedal seemed well built, so this might be the only one  that
escaped with this problem. Has anyone else encountered reliability or build
quality issues with this device?

Food for thought:  I'm of the "Keep It Simple" camp.  No  getting around that
lots of components = more chances of issues arising.

To be fair, this is a solid state device.  If the design is good  and the
components are of high quality, and if it is  properly assembled... it should be
quite reliable.  Take the  plunge if it solves a problem for you.

Chris Richards
Twin Tone Microphones  -  Ask for my free Harp  Mic Buyers Guide
_http://home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp/site/?/home/_
(http://home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp/site/?/home/)
(anyone know why my web address gets repeated when I  post)
more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/a
ol?redir=http://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)