Re: [Harp-L] Reality check?

All true, there's a lot of belt tightening going on, but as far as live
music goes I'm also finding the opposite to be true. During the depression
entertainment was alive and well. What we're living through now may not be a
depression but when times are tough people seek escapism. I'm getting more
phone calls for music projects, more gigs and more playing opportunities
than I have in a long time. Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe not. Could just
be that Chicago's music scene is more impervious to tough times than in
other cities. Musical entertainment is still alive and well here. I'm
thankful for that.

But it's no way to make a living, that's for sure. Most people I know who
are doing that give music lessons and take every pick-up gig and studio
job they can get whether it pays $50. or $500. No health plan, no retirement
plan, just hand to mouth existence.

t. albanese

http://www.myspace.com/bigrealdeal