Re: [Harp-L] Willie Dixon Controversy

At 09:58 AM 11/25/2008, you wrote:
Holy cats, are YOU old.....or what p.s. FASCINATING

Not as old as you, ol' pal, but pretty durned old. Old enough that I wear a hat so as to make serious esthetic improvements and a better overall impression.

Not that it helps.

In any case, I was a wee one when the Freddie Bell story played out, and got it from story books my mammy read to me while sitting on her knee, next to the banjo, which I found itchy.

The 'getting the copyright back from Otis and Robey' part I got directly from Leiber, though I think it has since been told publicly.

He told me a bunch of cool tales that haven't been told publicly, while riding around Manhattan in his Lancia. Those stories will wind up in my tell-all memoir, should I ever do enough significant stuff to merit someone paying me to write a memoir.

I wouldn't hold my breath.