Re: [Harp-L] Cow Cow Boogie

She was talented & beautiful!!!!!!!!! Thanx..
Looks like it's NOT bein' played by these actors

I'm hearing a  C Chromatic can be played on a 270 and tho it doesn't go
below Middle C the tonal quality sounds more like a 16 hole 280

It's not a diatonic as I can hear the chromo button runs in the key of C

On 11/26/08 9:46 PM, "jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've always loved Dorothy Dandridge's soundie of "Cow Cow Boogie" - but it
> wasn't until recently that I even noticed it has harmonica in it! (Watch the
> clip and you'll see why my attention might have been elsewhere!)
>
> The harp playing is kind of interesting.  Although the actor on screen seems
> to be playing diatonic, I'm not sure if it's really a diatonic or a chromatic
> in the soundtrack.  What do you think?  And if it is a diatonic, what position
> is he playing?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovmaG9S0sQ

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com