Re: [Harp-L] bluesman - Barrelhouse Chuck

Paul is spot on regarding Barrelhouse Chuck. I don't know how he manages to
fly under the radar but this guy is unarguably one of the best blues and
boogie piano masters on the planet. Superlatives like that sometimes tend to
be overstatements but in this case there's no way you can overstate Barrel's
talent and accomplishments. And more to the point, his support of harmonica
on his many recordings and live shows demonstrates his love and respect for
our instrument. On his recent CD "Got My Eyes On You" Kim Wilson is featured
prominently on nearly every track -- it's a must have for all KW fans. And
as Paul mentions, he's also all over the soon to be released sound
track from Cadillac Records.

Chuck is the kind of player who elevates everyone else who plays with him to
a whole other level. And yeah, he not only has a shrine to the Walters in
his house, he has a freakin' blues museum that has to be seen to be
believed.

Thanks for the kind words, Paul. It was great having you at the show the
other night.

tom albanese

http://www.myspace.com/bigrealdeal