From: Michael Meehan <mikemeehan2002@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] One last chromatic question
To: "Joe and Cass Leone" <leone@xxxxxxxx>, "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 4:22 AM

Thanks a million to all that responded to my last question regarding chromatic.
I have one last question. I am trying to get a handle on the pitch of the C
Chromatic. How does it compare to the pitch of the C Diatonic? For instance, is
the pitch of the 1 blow on the Chromatic higher, lower, or the same as the pitch
of the 1 blow on the diatonic? The reason why I am asking is that I use a Bb
diatonic (2nd position) in a couple tunes I am now playing, which is lower
pitched than a C diatonic. Soooo...., if I start playing those songs on a C
chromatic, even on the lower end, is the sound going to be a higher pitch than
what I am playing right now? Not a huge deal, because most songs I use a C, Eb,
or F harp, but I am just curious.
  Thanks again! Mike
Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Nov 25, 2008, at 1:36 AM, Rick Dempster wrote:

> Joe;
> You write: "You only need to learn ONE octave. The other two
> (or 3) are mere duplications. "
> Ah yes; but what about the octaves D-D; E-E ; F-F etc. etc.
> Crossing over octaves introduces a whole new set of patterns.
> RD
Now now Rick, we mustn't confuse our friend at this early stage. He
will have trouble enough trying to figure out what I meant by
waterfalls and stairsteps. lol

Joey